Friday, March 30, 2012

Make-up Madness

Have you even gone shopping for make-up and got frustrated because you didn’t know what color to wear according to your skin tone and eye color? Well, I have, many times. And today I’m going to recommend some of my favorite products and what colors to wear depending on your skin tone, and eye color.
COVERGIRL pressed powder
I’ve tried many different foundations for my skin tone, and the best one I have come to so far is COVERGIRL. My favorite item they sell is their pressed powder. The kind I buy is in a blue zebra case, but there are a lot of other different ones. I use the skin tone medium light. My skin is very fair and so instead of going with my skin color, which is actually ivory, I went just a little bit darker so I don’t seem as pale. 
When you are buying mascara, stick to black, brown, or brownish-black. These colors are very common and since they are dark, they will draw attention to the white in your eye. It’s good to draw attention to the whites in your eye because it makes your eye stand out more. 
When you are buying blush make sure that you only pick a color that is maybe a little bit pinker than your skin tone. If you go crazy with the pinkest blush, you will turn out looking like a clown, and that is not good.
When you are buying eye shadow, remember to buy a color that looks good with your eye color. Eye shadow isn’t something you wear so it can match your outfit; it’s something you wear to make your eyes stand out more. There are different colors to wear depending on your eye color. This website explains the different colors to wear with your eye color.
When you buy lip gloss, make sure you buy a color that looks good with your skin tone, eye shadow, and blush. Here’s a tip, if you are getting your picture taken, DO NOT wear sparkly or shiny lip gloss!!! If you do, when you get your picture back, your lips might look blurred or they might have a line of light in them because you wore sparkly or shiny lip gloss.
OK, so this week I want to know what you guys want me to talk about next week! So if you have an idea, post it in the comments below! So just remember, make-up madness!!!

7 comments:

  1. Good point on sticking with black or brown mascara. I never knew it was ment to draw attention to the white of your eye!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good point on sticking with black or brown mascara. I never knew it was ment to draw attention to the white of your eye!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And you posted that comment twice for some reason. Haha!

      Delete
  3. I love the blog I new monst of the things but it taught me the one about the lip gloss. Emily you are doing a great job writing your blog!Keep up the GREAT work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice blog Emily! I never knew you were so pale, guess the foundation is doing its job!! :)

    ReplyDelete